Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Coleman Corporation is Not Very Eco-Friendly


Two months ago, I purchased a replacement Coleman thermo-electric cooler for use in my truck at Wal Mart for $88. The other day, the outer muffin fan on it died. So I called Coleman, hoping they could send me another fan that I can replace myself. They said "there are no replacement parts", and that I need to fax them a copy of my receipt, and they would send me a whole brand new unit. In other words, I should send that big blob to the landfill!!!

Instead, I took eco-action. Instead of throwing away an otherwise good cooler, I went to Skycraft Electronics in Orlando, and got a replacement muffin fan for a mere $4.95. When my brand new cooler arrives, I will sell it on Craig's List for $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment